Sunday, December 16

Creative Thinking Skills

CTS ! The subject I like the most among all.
It is really fun and interesting, somehow special.




This is the first mindmap we did in a group at the beginning of the class.
It is about doing a mindmap on a song chosen by our lecturer.
The song we get is Brianstorm by Artic Monkeys.
We've been taught how to use the six thinking hats through this assignment.






Continuously, we were given another task to design a CD cover for the song we've chosen in a group.
It is actually quite difficult as we were required to do the CD cover based on that specific song.
However, we've done a few drafts and everyone agreed to choose the bottom one.
From here, I've learnt how to be cooperative with my group members to accomplished the assignment given.








Idea Journal ,


Here comes the interesting part and the assignment I enjoyed the most.
Actually, it was quite surprising when I heard we have to create a monster of our own in this subject.
I am thinking what is the concern of a monster with our future studies ?
And now, I know that it is to open up our creative thinking skills.
Although I really love to do all these assignments but, I really cracked my brain to create those special and unique monster, monster city and more.



Below are my IDJ 1 to 5.


IDJ 1
Mindmap for creating a monster.
This is the mindmap i created for my monster.

My monster - Pinkasour.
It is a transformation of Prof. Nana to the monster and it named itself as Pinkasour
It has a big and small eyes. The bigger eye can look at things from very far away.
While the smaller eye can look at very tiny thing, it is a microscopic eye.
In addition, it has a pair of long and elastic hand. It also has sharp teeth and a pair of ears which can hear every sounds at the surrounding.





IDJ 2
My monster city - Rainbow City
This is the monster city I've drawn.
It is called the Rainbow City.
The city is invisible to human eyes, only monster could see it.
And the city is protected by the rainbow, the cloud is a weapon to attack their enemy.
There are facilities like hospital, barber's shop, cafe, supermarket and a bathing lake for all the monster.
The houses are classified into two, the bigger one is for the adult monster and the small house is for the children.

I felt it is a really cool to have my own imaginary city that I wish I could live in as it is really colourful and nice.





IDJ 3
My monster's enemy - Pageanixie
As for IDJ 3, we were given a task to create our monster's enemy, bestfriend, or sidekick.
I've chosen to create an enemy for my monster.
The picture above is the enemy I've created for my monster.
It is called Pageanixie.
It has a special power, which she could poisoned others with her poison powder that was kept in the polka dots on her head.
She can also fly and swim very fast.


Below are the storyline of how Pinkasour (my monster) and Pageanixie (the protagonist) becomes enemy.

The story of how Pinkasour and Pageanixie becomes enemy.

Continuous of the story.





IDJ 4

As for this assignment, it is to create an event for my monster.
After thinking so hard of what special event I could do, and i finally decide to create a simple event
but with lots of surprises in it.
The Welcome Party for my Monster.

I've planned every details of how the event would look like.
The foods and drinks, activities and games, highlight of the event, layout of the venue and also the invitation cards.

Food on the event.
Some examples of the food are squirrel meatball nasal mucus soup, cockroach muffin and more.


Games and activities on the event.
As for the activites and games, there are mini concert, eat till you puke competition, the crashing trolley race and etc.

Highlight of the event
Next, the highlight of the event are the special award that will be given to my monster as the first monster that came from outside world.

Layout of the venue
This is how the place would look like on the party.
It will be held at the Pastureland in Rainbow City.

The event - Pinkasour's Welcome Party
Finally, this is the invitation card that will be given to all the monster in the city.






IDJ 5
My book cover - Live Life To The Colourfulest
This is the book cover I've designed based on my characteristic and also my monster.
It is simple but it has meaning in it.
The rainbow, the colour pencils and the book title, all of them has a meaning in it.
The rainbows gives a meaning that I want to have a colourful and happy life that just looks like a rainbow.
Then, I took the photos of my very own colour pencils and included it in my book cover.
This is because
the colour pencils is usually what I used to colour all my idj's. 
And so, I felt that my box of colour pencils are like my friends that helped me out a lot.

Well, I really love doing IDJ's.








The onomatopoeia !!


Surprisingly, I couldn't believe that we would be singing !
However, in a special way, that is we could only use our mouth to make the background music.
And now, I finally knew what exactly is an onomatopoeia performance.

Click the link below to see my group's performance =)


I realised that it was not as easy as we think it is.
We need a lot of practice, over and over again.
It was quite difficult to get all the group members together and practice as we have classes at different time.
So, I felt that to make a good performance we have to start practicing very soon after the brief of the assignment were given and not doing it at the very last minute.
Overall, I really enjoyed the day , as there is a few great performance by my classmates.






Public Service Awareness Advertisement.
This is the another project we were required to do in a group.
It is about making an advertisement not longer than 2 minutes about cases like bullying, drugs that will ruin your life and etc that you are concerned of.


My group members and I chose to do an Ad about Stop Bullying among girls.
Bullying among girls had actually become quite an issue in this generation.

Moreover, filming an Ad is very hard as it should be short but you have to catch the point that you want to show people about the issue you're advertising.
Thus, I think we did get to the point to show people about bullying.

Please click the link below to watch our advertisement about "Stop Bullying".








Last but not least, this is our final project.
We have to make a Rube Goldberg machine for a specific topic that was related our previous assignment which is the IDJ's.

I've chosen the topic on "Fighting with my enemy".
 The photos show the process of making my Rube Goldberg machine with my team mates.






 And, this is the final product of my Rube Goldberg machine !


Unfortunately, during the presentation day I've an injury and couldn't attend the presentation.

However, I have to thanks Ai-Qi and Cul Wei for helping me out on presenting my machine.
Although it didn't went smoothly but I do enjoy the process of making this machine.
It was worth it to scarified my sleep to make this machine.





In short, I felt that I have improved a lot on my creativity.
I love this subject very much and I'm grateful to have these wonderful lecturers that helped us out a lot.
Thank you ! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment