Sunday, December 16

English 1



Writing an essay is the first assignment we were given for the subject.
The topic I've chosen for the essay is "Ways to Curb Littering".
I felt that I have improved on my writing skills.
And, I've understand the format of writing a good essay.
In addition, I was taught how to do citation and referencing in APA style format.
It was really helpful when I have to do reference or citation on other subject.












 Then, a listening test was given by our lecturer.
We were given a few practice to improve our listening skills before the real test.
In fact, I've really improved a lot.
By the way, I've also found out that the technique is jotting down the keywords in short form while listening.
Moreover, I've learnt to recalled back what I've listened.





Next, it was an oral presentation.
However, it was quite different from the usual presentation that we've heard before.
Our lecturer, Ms. Lojana has given us a task on doing a video for our presentation.
My group mates and I decided to do a short story.
Everyone had so much fun and we really enjoyed ourselves during the process.

You may click the link to watch it =)


Hope you enjoy it as I've really tried my best to make the video looks more attractive.










Lastly, this assignment are about doing a photoblog and give a presentation after that.
It is a group work that we are required to make a research and a visit to any places in Malaysia or other country.
The place my team mates and I have chosen were Langkawi Island.
We've chosen this place because it is a legendary island with so much legends and myth that would be very interesting to learn more about it.



Below are somre photos of us having fun in the legendary island.







This assignment had bond me and my classmates closer together.
We've learned how to help out each other when we were away from home.

As for the presentation, I felt that it was really important to be prepared before it.
I was quite nervous at first as we were asked to present it one by one infront of the class.
However if you were really prepared, it was not that scary after all.

On the other hand, I've learnt that eye contact is really important as it would effectively attracts the attention of people.
By having some body movement, we would not bored out the people who are listening to us.
Hence, I should practice more on doing a presentation so that i wouldn't embarrassed myself in the future.



Practice makes perfect.


Overall, I've really enjoyed our English class. Also, I'm very grateful to have such a friendly and helpful lecturer.  Thank you, Ms. Lojana. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment